Explaining low gpa with med reasons:

kedar

Explaining low gpa with med reasons:

Post by kedar » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm

I HAVE A QUESTION ON LOW GPA's : Does explaining low GPA's due to medical reasons require some supporting documents to be sent?

grae313

Re: Explaining low gpa with med reasons:

Post by grae313 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:32 pm

no.

but if you happened to have documentation and your claims sounded outrageous it might help your case.

kedar

Post by kedar » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply .. I kinda had developed respiratory problem due to commuting long distances in dusty environments .. which was troublesome of course ..it did affect overall quality of life and my performance at everything .. but I did not miss too many classess cos of tht and was not hospitalised .. I did recieve medication however, I have not kept medical records though .. and it was kind of a chronic condition .. currently I am fine though .. I have had poor grades in 4 semesters ..( the mid 2years) .. but I m wondering how much I mention abt this if I do :?: ..

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:47 pm

it's not really necessary to send documents that you were sick. but the fact should be comprehensible with respect to other grades in years before and after and also your performance in standardized tests such that there was really an unexpected problem for those distinguishable grades in your transcript.