First author on paper that hasn't been published yet

greeezy

First author on paper that hasn't been published yet

Post by greeezy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 pm

I am first author on a paper that has been conditionally accepted to be published after we do some minor revisions to it. Do i mention this in apps?
Also what about conference presentations. I have given 2 oral presentations and am giving another poster presentation in January. Does this go under publications or what?

We also have submitted an application to get a poster at a conference in June; however we wont know the results by March. Although I wont be giving the presentation itself, I will be at the conference and am listed as first author.

Mataka

Re: First author on paper that hasn't been published yet

Post by Mataka » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:00 pm

I am first author on a paper that has been conditionally accepted to be published after we do some minor revisions to it. Do i mention this in apps?
Of course, don't even hesitate. Just say that is has been conditionally accepted ...
I have given 2 oral presentations and am giving another poster presentation in January. Does this go under publications or what?
I would not put it in publication, but find a spot in the application to mention it. Either in special achievements or something like that ...
We also have submitted an application to get a poster at a conference in June; however we wont know the results by March. Although I wont be giving the presentation itself, I will be at the conference and am listed as first author.
Well again, try to say that somewhere in the application. You can just mention that it's submitted.

nathan12343

Re: First author on paper that hasn't been published yet

Post by nathan12343 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:01 am

I think poster presentations go under publications. Can't hurt, anyway.

Definitely do put your first author publication in, you might say something like Greezy et al. 2009, PRA, (Conditionally Accepted) or Greezy et al. 2009 PRA (Submitted).