Scores timing question

quant

Scores timing question

Post by quant » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 pm

I'm a little bit worried: I've taken the Nov. 7th physics GRE, and will have to request Additional Score Reports to be sent to some of the schools- I understand that I can do this only AFTER the scores are made available, right?
Given this, how long will they take to reach the schools- some of which have a January 1st deadline?

Also, will a TOEFL taken on December 12th reach the schools in time to meet their deadlines??

Very worried... :(

blackcat007

Re: Scores timing question

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:24 pm

quant wrote:I'm a little bit worried: I've taken the Nov. 7th physics GRE, and will have to request Additional Score Reports to be sent to some of the schools- I understand that I can do this only AFTER the scores are made available, right?
Given this, how long will they take to reach the schools- some of which have a January 1st deadline?

Also, will a TOEFL taken on December 12th reach the schools in time to meet their deadlines??

Very worried... :(
but I thought the scores are ready to send just after you phone score them. ie after you pay your 12$ and listen to it, you can register the schools for the additional score reports, which are dispatched after 5days??
Last edited by blackcat007 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quant

Post by quant » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:29 pm

oh is that so? I dont know... Isnt the View Scores Online thing going to work on the same timelines as the Phone Scores thing?

Have the phone scores for Nov. 7th test already come out, then??!

Sorry I seem to be really clueless... gulp

YellowXDart

Post by YellowXDart » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 pm

The online scores come out the same time that your scores are mailed. The only way to get scores early is to call and pay the $12. The last I checked phone scores still aren't available, but they will be by this Sunday =/

blackcat007

Post by blackcat007 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 pm

quant wrote:oh is that so? I dont know... Isnt the View Scores Online thing going to work on the same timelines as the Phone Scores thing?

Have the phone scores for Nov. 7th test already come out, then??!

Sorry I seem to be really clueless... gulp
Ofcourse not.. in that case ETS will be losing 12$ from thousands.. :D thats just not possible..

geshi

Post by geshi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:09 pm

YellowXDart wrote:The online scores come out the same time that your scores are mailed. The only way to get scores early is to call and pay the $12. The last I checked phone scores still aren't available, but they will be by this Sunday =/
Pretty sure the scores will be available by phone on Monday (Dec 7). http://www.ets.org/gre/subject/scores/get/index.html

Although I guess they might be available RIGHT at midnight on the Sunday/Monday transition.

aovgun

Post by aovgun » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:51 am

November PGRE scores are now available by phone...