Finding Publications

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Roses

Finding Publications

Post by Roses » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:31 am

Like many of you I am beginning the application process for a PhD program and I was wondering if anyone has tips on finding publications released by Universities. Right now I am just searching Google Scholar and such but its very time consuming and I was hoping there might be an easier way to investigate the work being done at the universities.

grae313

Re: Finding Publications

Post by grae313 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 pm

On every department's website is a link to the department research. Start with the research groups in the department at each school that interest you, not the school as a whole. Every research group has a research page where they list their publications, and some highlight their best. Find the *groups* that interest you, their publications will then be easy to access through their website.