Party tomorrow at noon!

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

grae313

Party tomorrow at noon!

Post by grae313 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

blackcat007

Re: Party tomorrow at noon!

Post by blackcat007 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:31 am

grae313 wrote:Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
heheh thanks!!! didn't see your post yesterday...
I attempted 97.. hope I will get a good score..

gabriel.potter

Post by gabriel.potter » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Woop woop, done and done. Congrats to all test writers for getting through it!

Now do like Feynman said: "Don't worry about anything... Go out and have a good time!" :mrgreen:

sravanskarri

Post by sravanskarri » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Yup, I guess the test was a little easier than the GR0177 and there are more theory and few eilimination type questions, this time. I am sure there will be quite a few 990s (>95/100) as well. hope I end up with a good score.

Prologue

Post by Prologue » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:06 am

I am so glad to be done with this test. I really felt the test was ok, not too bad. There were elimination problems for sure but they were concept based rather than units or something. I am very glad for this site and yosun's site, they made me get into the groove for sure. Good luck everyone on the scores! :mrgreen:

delton

Post by delton » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:00 pm

I thought it was easier as well. I answered 83, which seems like a good number. Very few were guesses.

However, its hard to say how I did. I've talked to a few people, who answered 45, 65, and 80, so I feel relatively I did well. (probably 800-900, idk). Still, I wasted some time on harder problems, and didn't move quite as fast as I could have. A few simple changes in strategy, such as skipping a few time-wasters could have improved my score drastically. There were very few problems I don't think I could have gotten given enough time. (maybe 5 at most). Also, I used limiting cases to eliminate answers, but I forgot about dimensional analysis. Also, lack of sleep was an issue.

Anyways, its all over now, ... no use worrying about the past. Just thought I'd give my comments on the exam for future test takers.

Yeah, the 4 released exams helped a lot. This past week I went through all 4 and figured out the problems and memorized relevant equations. Some of the problems on this exam were nearly identical.

WontonBurritoMeals

Post by WontonBurritoMeals » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 am

Yeah, thanks Grae.

It was easy. But since the test is scaled, it makes no difference....

None whatsoever.

It's really weird if you think about it because the ease of the test really changes the distribution of the scores. For a hard test, people probably score really well or really poorly. For a really easy test, it's more about not making stupid mistakes. So I'm screwed. You probably had to get like 95/100 to get a 990.

Maybe someone else has some insight on this.

Anyway, I couldn't understand what was happening, some of those questions were so easy. BTW- in my test and on my friend's test the proctor said that we had 2 hours and 30 minutes but we still got the 2 hours 50 minutes that we were expecting. Was this the case nationally?

May the wind be always at your back,
-WontonBurritoMeals

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 am

ouch. i did not think the test was easy.