does irrelevant research background help?

Pendulum

does irrelevant research background help?

Post by Pendulum » Mon May 18, 2009 11:21 am

after finishing my undergraduate study, i joined a program for earning my life. until now i have got a 3years lab-experience of studying laser-driven explosive(in China),and saved enough money for my 1st year fees.
i have already made up a decision to attend a American graduate school well in applied optics(that's my orginal dream!),however i wonder if my past experience would do any help for my applications.
does anyone have a similar case? ANY advice is appreicated!! :oops:

twistor

Re: does irrelevant research background help?

Post by twistor » Mon May 18, 2009 1:07 pm

We cannot provide any useful advice without knowing more about your secret Chinese weapons project.

xudis149

Post by xudis149 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 pm

lol :mrgreen:

Pendulum

Post by Pendulum » Tue May 19, 2009 1:01 am

twistor wrote:We cannot provide any useful advice without knowing more about your secret Chinese weapons project.
secret weapons:shock: i only saw those in the Holleywood films :lol:
if i had an oppotunity to study on those superpowerful high explosives, probably i have already been kept in a big cage under control of agencies such as NSA,no matter how hard i try is impossible to break out. :lol:

sorry for my unclear words written in hurry~this is a commercial program held in my company ,the goal is explore a safe way to initiate common detonator.addtionally,most of past works based on 2 major courses,thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.

it seems you misunderstood me as a spy,but now i formly to clarify my pure goal is to realize my graduate study plan.

twistor

Post by twistor » Wed May 20, 2009 2:02 pm

I hear Al-Quaeda is looking for applicants.

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Thu May 21, 2009 5:25 am

twistor wrote:I hear Al-Quaeda is looking for applicants.
Unfortunately, the deadline is passed. people should meet 9/11 for spring admission.

Pendulum

Post by Pendulum » Thu May 21, 2009 5:46 am

twistor wrote:I hear Al-Quaeda is looking for applicants.
Their requirements are so sticky that i'm afraid you chick probably will get a rejection .

twistor

Post by twistor » Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 am

Good research experience in bomb making can compensate for poor QGRE scores (Qur'an GRE).

mako

Post by mako » Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 am

Serious response: in your application, you'll have a personal statement. If you can explain the research you did, and explain it better than you have so far, it will help your application. That said, as an international applicant, you need very good grades and test scores. And you should probably work on your English if you want to attend a university in the US.

Pendulum

Post by Pendulum » Sat May 30, 2009 7:48 am

mako wrote:Serious response: in your application, you'll have a personal statement. If you can explain the research you did, and explain it better than you have so far, it will help your application. That said, as an international applicant, you need very good grades and test scores. And you should probably work on your English if you want to attend a university in the US.
thanks a lot~Maybe i will choose a better way to explain the details in my PS.