Yay!

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

Do you consider yourself a geek?

Yes
78%
No
11%
whatever ...
11%

Total votes: 9

CPT

Yay!

Post by CPT » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 am

Lookit! lookit! lookit! I've got the latest post in all the forums on physicsgre.com.
That's gotta count for something!
:D Maybe it's a prophetically symbolic, meaning that I'll get into all my universities, the way I flooded all physicsgre forums

Okay ... that was pretty luserly ... whatever ... :roll:

CPT

Post by CPT » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Sheeeesh! Nerd!

Grant
site admin

Post by Grant » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi CPT, I appreciate that you are such an active poster. However, I am trying to steer the blog section in a different direction so I moved your post to the physics lounge section:)

CPT and others, I would really like for you to keep a blog of your experiences so that future generations of physicsgre.com visitors can benefit from your entries and posts. Perhaps you can blog about when you hear back from schools and the process you used to decide upon schools and what your thoughts are about graduate school. I think future visitors to this forum can benefit from reading stuff that may seem boring to you. Simple entries like “Today at an orientation the graduate advisor told us all to fill out the FAFSA by such and such a date so we could qualify for subsidized government loans” can be incredibly informative to readers especially in the context of a time sequence thread maintained by one individual. I hope you will consider writing a blog.

CPT

Post by CPT » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:04 pm

Hey Grant,

Sorry about spamming the forum a bit. I'll definitely try to put up something worthwhile, once I get to know about my results.

Grant
site admin

Post by Grant » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:22 pm

No worries CPT. I didn't view your post as spam. I am glad you take pride in how much you post on these forums:)

I do hope you consider starting a blog after you hear back from schools. If you posted even just one summary sentence per week for the next year or two then your blog would be incredibly valuable to future prospective graduate students.