Rejected rejection (humor)

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

admissionprof

Rejected rejection (humor)

Post by admissionprof » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:15 pm

During these stressful days, I thought you'd enjoy this:

Herbert A. Millington
Graduate Admissions Committee
412A Clarkson Hall
Whitson University
College Hill, MA 34109

Dear Professor Millington,

Thank you for your letter of March 16. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me a graduate student position in your department.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite Whitson's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will assume the position of graduate student in your department this August. I look forward to seeing you then.

Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.

Kaiser_Sose

Re: Rejected rejection (humor)

Post by Kaiser_Sose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 pm

No one else finds this hilarious ?

I'm tempted to print it and put it up in my office.

Thanks for brightening my day.

slugger

Post by slugger » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:02 am

This joke is really old. My mom has mentioned getting these letters when she was in her twenties and working at an admissions office at a small lib arts school. That was thirty years ago. Its still gold though. :lol:

Ulquiorra

Post by Ulquiorra » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Goshhhhhhhh! I like this very much... HeHeHe!

astrofan

Post by astrofan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:12 pm

I don't think I can appreciate the humor yet, the sting of so many rejections has not passed yet.