b's in graduate courses?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

rjharris

b's in graduate courses?

Post by rjharris » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:49 pm

so, i took 2 physics graduate classes this term and got B+'s in both of them (sigh). one of them is in astrophysics, which is going to be the area in which i hopefully specialize. my gpa up to that point was a 4.8 / 5.0 and now it will be a 4.7/ 5.0 I think. anyone have guesses about how significantly this will affect my chances? thanks.

Singularity

Post by Singularity » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:59 am

Actually, I happen to have a related question. I got some pretty losuy grades in two very crucial graduate courses in the last sem ( August-Dec) and I wanted to know if it was allright if I send only grades upto the sem before this.
Would doing this look suspicious in the case of places like SUNYSB which have deadlines in February?

abbor

Post by abbor » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:30 am

take it easy.
For admission committee, there is no distinctly difference between 4.7/5 and 4.8/5.