How much must I struggle Mech Eng grad to read MSc(Physics)

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

seba240698

How much must I struggle Mech Eng grad to read MSc(Physics)

Post by seba240698 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:08 pm

Hi all.

I'm from SIngapore. I enjoy this forum very much.

Mine is no question but just to share.

I'm a graduate of Mechanical Engineering with honours, when I applied for a graduate school in my local U, the admission committee rejected my application citing irrelevant background as the reason, I appealed and it asked for Physics GRE which I'm taking it on Feb 14 next year.

Now my concern is, even if I'm lucky enough to be admitted to the MSc(Physcis) course, how much do I need to struggle? I'm a fighter but too much energy drain will definitely defeat me, just my concerns, anyone here in the forum has a similar situation like me and would like to share?

When I look through the BSC(Physcis) undergraduate contents, I'm quite comfortable with the Newtonian Mechanics, Thermodynamics and a bit lost in E & M. I'm very lost with Special Relativeity, QM and Solid State Physics.

I've quitted my job to prepare full time for my Physcis GRE in Apri next year.

Thanks and have a ncie day.

tnoviell

Post by tnoviell » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Most people are lost with those subjects, and the people who think they aren't are even more lost than you.

Graduate studies isn't a matter of academic struggle - it's a test of your research ability. Practice that more than anything else.