Celebration!

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

WakkaDojo

Celebration!

Post by WakkaDojo » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm

I would just like to say to everyone: stop worrying, and realize how awesome it is to have completed your applications!

cato88

Re: Celebration!

Post by cato88 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Thank you. I have been stressing out so much until multiple threads on chilling out appeared now I realize I can chill out,I had no idea. Could you sign my petition for more people chilling out in the Gaza Strip?

robertson

Post by robertson » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Oeoeoeoe! I have also received the last mail confirming that all my app are complete!!! Exams period starts in a week though. I might go to the cinema tomorrow to celebrate this (I wouldn't find any physicist willing to help me have fun with a big party with that scary QFT exam next wednesday). Anyhow, enjoy, and good luck!

naseermk

Post by naseermk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 pm

I just received an email from Cornell stating that until my application is complete I would not be considered for admission.

This is despite having sent everything in!! USPS seems to be the culprit here.

Are you guys positive that all materials have been received by the schools you're applying to?

trani

Post by trani » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I got an e-mail confirmation that my app is complete from Chicago. The rest don't know....

But I am chillaxin from here on :mrgreen:

valentino

Post by valentino » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:11 pm

maan i wish i could but see chicago emailed that my toefl is missing.. uiuc is missing a transcript and cornell is missing both the toefl and transcript...and for the others, who knows... what the heck. it's already mid jan.. crap

robertson

Post by robertson » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:48 am

As an international student the last thing I sent, I send it more than one month ago. Looking at the status webpages and sending some emails I finally found out that my app to Harvard, Stanford and UCSD were complete (these are the ones without status webpages). Only a copy of the TOEFL is traveling to Princeton, and a copy of my transcript to Washignton. In my case, all the emails were replied back.

nathan12343

Post by nathan12343 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Freaking done! Woohoo!

I'm going to go drink myself retarded now...