How much time does it cost to combine general & sub by email

ticc

How much time does it cost to combine general & sub by email

Post by ticc » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:11 am

I ordered ETS to combine my GRE scores. It almost 5 days after they told me that my scores would be combined. I just checked online if my scores got combined but found they were still separative results. Is it normal? Should I wait for longer time or call them to combine my scores by phone?

xudis149

Re: How much time does it cost to combine general & sub by email

Post by xudis149 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 am

if both the registration details in your GRE general and subject test is exactly same [name and date of birth] then both the scores should exist as a single GRE file. Why do you need to merge then?

you can login with either your general or subject test details at this link https://web1.gre.org/GreWebReg/asrLogin.jsp and you should find them merged in either case....

if it is not so... then there might be some issue...

I had a problem, that I gave my name differently in both exams.. yes!:shock:

ticc

Post by ticc » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:28 am

In my case, I took general in 2005 and sub this year. My email addresses about the two tests were different so my files did not combine automatically.

xudis149

Post by xudis149 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:35 am

ok... i am not sure but it seems to be a very minor hitch...I don't know whats wrong with ETS, don't they realize people can change email addresses :?

I would recommend you to call ETS many times and try to get it done over the phone..maybe talk to some senior fellow.....if they ask you to fax proof or blah blah... don't fall in that trap as it takes more than three weeks to process fax requests....

Another option would be to request any 1 score and then call up ETS to send the other one for free, I think they might agree to that...

and the last costly option is to pay and report subject and general gre separately.....
all the best
ets sucks..

ticc

Post by ticc » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:45 am

Maybe you're right. I shouldn't wait any longer. I'll call them to ask what happened. Actually, I have already sent the separative scores to several schools which have earlier deadlines. It costs me double fees!
Thank you for your advice.

naroays

Post by naroays » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:00 pm

FYI, I did this, and it took me 10 days and three phone calls.

amit

Post by amit » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:06 pm

I had this problem too, and it took about 5 phone calls over the course of 2 weeks to get it straightened out. They put my request in the queue, and every consequent time I called they told me they didn't know why it hadn't been done yet (it was in the queue with an "urgent" status - whatever that means - for more than a week).

During my last phone call, the agent flagged down a manager that was walking by and had the issue corrected within 5 minutes of hold time.

rohit

Post by rohit » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:07 am

We should collectively sue ETS for the unsolicited harassment. All my details were identical in both the reports. Same happened to me. 2 emails so far and they've said its combined.
Now i'm not sure whats happened - In the 2nd page u get after logging in - "Order GRE Score Reports" ,under "Select a Test Date - Send Currently Available Scores (includes scores from test dates listed below)" i have both tests listed (this was not so b4 my emails).
But in the next page - "Select Your Score Recipient" - i have just - "Score Report: 11/08/2008 - Subject: Physics". Does this mean its resolved or what? Could someone who's got it fixed please tell me what they are seeing? Also ,its the same when i login with either the general or the subject reg. number. Before my mail , the 2 used to give different results; so clearly they have changed something.

amit

Post by amit » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:49 am

rohit wrote: But in the next page - "Select Your Score Recipient" - i have just - "Score Report: 11/08/2008 - Subject: Physics". Does this mean its resolved or what? Could someone who's got it fixed please tell me what they are seeing?
When it's fixed, it'll have an entry "Subject: Physics" and "General." If you don't see both, they haven't corrected your record yet. When they did mine, both subject and general appeared on the page immediately after the phone call was over.