mail delayed for Berkeley

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

ticc

mail delayed for Berkeley

Post by ticc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Just be told that my mail for berkeley was in an error status and failed to arrivel before deadline. I have written to the secretary but no reply yet. Could anyone tell me if it really mattered for my application?
Thx!

ticc

Re: mail delayed for Berkeley

Post by ticc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:48 pm

Is there anybody can help me? I am very restless about my mistake.

Helio

Post by Helio » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:07 pm

it is post-marked right? it should be no problem as long as it is post marked at some reasonable date. how about you call them instead of email. emails get easily buried

ticc

Post by ticc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

I just called and dialed all the phone numbers given on website including Faxs but couldn't get through.
I mailed my transcripts by express(EMS) with the address and phone #s shown on their department website. Don't tell me that my mail fails to arrivel due to the unavailable phone number? By now, how should I do?

a13ean

Post by a13ean » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Berkeley appears to be one of the schools where they let you know if you're missing anything at a later date, so I don't expect it will make a difference if some of your materials arrive a bit late. At any rate, try not to stress on it too much! Good luck.