Score Reports

cato88

Score Reports

Post by cato88 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Did you know if you ordered score reports after receiving your score by phone, they will arrive before the original free score report ? If there was any doubt ETS holds on to them to try top get you to use the phone service.

trani

Re: Score Reports

Post by trani » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:42 pm

nonick

Post by nonick » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:43 pm

So, I just talked with my advisor, who in an effort to explain why he's gonna submit his LOR on Wednesday, tried really hard to convince me that the Dec 15th deadline is only for the application and score reports and letters of recommendations can be received after the deadline. Judging from the fact that he has served on admission committees and know how things work, i tend to believe him, so don't worry if your score reports haven't been received yet.

cato88

Post by cato88 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 pm

I meant more along the lines. If you register for a score report for school
A when you register for the Nov Exam your score report will show School
A with your Nov score. If you then call receive your November score. Then you
decide you want it sent to School B and order a score report you will
get a score report sent to your house with your Nov score and School B.
The score report with School B will get to your house first.

Helio

Post by Helio » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:26 am

Does it matter when the frickin' score reports come to the departments as long as they get there within 1 week after the deadline? I have called departments and asked and they say as long as you get them in a timely fashion it is fine. It takes less than 2 days for ETS to mail them out and for them to get there ACROSS THE COUNTRY (mine were ordered Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:58 PM (PT) and UWash had them on Wed, Nov 26)

I am sry i am just tired about people asking the same question about these stupid score reports or stating pointless rumors for 200th time and that do not matter at all whether you will get admitted. These rumors that they "keep" you score at ETS is false (it makes it sound like ETS is some überevil organization doing everything single so that you are not going to get admitted, granted they are evil, but not this evil) That they send them out later is FALSE as well, they are send out when they become available, i.e. I got my General GRE score report mailed to me BEFORE my PGRE score report and this lovely letter had my PGRE score on it, so as soon as the scores become available they are mailed out.

On another note, my scores report were send out Nov 24th... Yale supposedly has yet to receive them, OSU has yet to receive my PGRE score (the scores are on the same piece of paper mind you), JHU supposedly got them yesterday, UCLA has yet to receive anything from me (yes it supposedly takes to 2 weeks for 3 letters to travel 10 miles), Boulder has yet to say anything, Stanford will email me, UIUC is silent, PSU silent, Hawaii silent, USC silent, NYU takes THREE WEEKS to get me ID to access my account by MAIL (!!!).

Sry i needed to rant, nothing personal

cato88

Post by cato88 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:46 am

I ordered extra score reports for schools I had not sent them too. I also was referring to score reports arriving at my house not departments so it isn't really a rumor just an observation.

valentino

Post by valentino » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:34 am

Helio how are you checking if the schools have received them already?

valentino

Post by valentino » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 am

Is this necessary even if the online app already has a section on test scores?

"A fax or photocopy of unofficial GRE Scores (General and Physics Subject both required) if you did not include them on your application. (Official GRE Scores must also be received directly from the Educational Testing Services.)
Cheating or misrepresenting your scores on any exam would be a violation of Stanford's Fundamental Standard.
If we don't have your GRE scores, please FAX your unofficial GRE scores to 1-650-723-1821 by December 16, 2008."

Helio

Post by Helio » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:05 pm

valentino wrote:Helio how are you checking if the schools have received them already?
Depends on the school some have systems that show you what you have received (does not unfortunately), but JHU, Yale, UWisc, UWash, etc. all basically have systems that show what stuff has been received for some you just log back into your application for others you go to a special website and it tells you
valentino wrote:Is this necessary even if the online app already has a section on test scores?

"A fax or photocopy of unofficial GRE Scores (General and Physics Subject both required) if you did not include them on your application. (Official GRE Scores must also be received directly from the Educational Testing Services.)
Cheating or misrepresenting your scores on any exam would be a violation of Stanford's Fundamental Standard.
If we don't have your GRE scores, please FAX your unofficial GRE scores to 1-650-723-1821 by December 16, 2008."
Yes it is necessary that you send the scores in even with that section. I called them. I personally emailed the stuff to them i hope that is okay with them.

valentino

Post by valentino » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:18 pm

and what then if none of my scores have arrived in the post? i got the scores from calling

Helio

Post by Helio » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:21 am

valentino wrote:and what then if none of my scores have arrived in the post? i got the scores from calling
they also said that if they come late it is okay as long as you send them to you as soon as you get them