Anybody take both Oct and Nov tests?

franziaboy

Anybody take both Oct and Nov tests?

Post by franziaboy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:01 pm

If you took both October and November exams: how do your scores compare?

I scored 850 (81%) in October, but 790 (73%) in November. (no big deal on Nov. I'm applying to Astrophysics, so it's still well above the median. but I'm still curious.) I was scoring around 70-77% on the 4 released exams, so my November score isn't much of a surprise. I would say that the October test was significantly easier than Nov.

[if anybody's interested in comparing pgre scores to gre, - verbal: 670 (95%), math: 800 (94%), writing: 5.0 (77%)]

secander2!

Re: Anybody take both Oct and Nov tests?

Post by secander2! » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:15 pm

yea, I was surprised how easy the Oct seemed too. I was scoring mid/low 800s on the practices tests, but I got a 980 on the Oct. I didn't take the Nov, so unfortunately, I can't add that for comparison.

nonick

Post by nonick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 pm

I took both the October and the November tests, and I do believe that the scores for the november one were scaled much higher. I certainly expected to do much better on the November one, considering the 3 weeks extra preparation I had and also the fact that I was able to answer way more questions on it than on the October one. However, to my surprise it turned out that my October score was 20 points higher than the November one. My only explanation for that was that many other people were in the same boat as me - being more prepared for the November test rather than the October one + adding all the international students who could take the test only in Novemeber and that resulted in some sort of a score inflation.

Andromeda

Post by Andromeda » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:22 pm

I did almost 10 percentiles better in November compared to October. So it goes.