Due Dates

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

murs

Due Dates

Post by murs » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:49 pm

With my first due dates coming up quickly (Dec 15th) I am wondering if that means that I should have all of my stuff to the school by the 15th or postmarked by is ok? I have to send in my sop and personal history statement by mail to berkeley and UCSB and they are still not done.

Also, one of my recommenders claims that she is too busy right now and will get my LORs out sometime over break. This is a little stressful for me, since I asked her in October and apparently she hasn't done anything yet. She is the chair of our grad admissions committee and claims deadlines don't matter much, but I don't think a late LOR will help my chances at all. Any thoughts?

coreycwgriffin

Re: Due Dates

Post by coreycwgriffin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:58 pm

murs wrote:With my first due dates coming up quickly (Dec 15th) I am wondering if that means that I should have all of my stuff to the school by the 15th or postmarked by is ok? I have to send in my sop and personal history statement by mail to berkeley and UCSB and they are still not done.

Also, one of my recommenders claims that she is too busy right now and will get my LORs out sometime over break. This is a little stressful for me, since I asked her in October and apparently she hasn't done anything yet. She is the chair of our grad admissions committee and claims deadlines don't matter much, but I don't think a late LOR will help my chances at all. Any thoughts?
If you read other threads, most schools want the actual applications in by the deadline, but there are a couple of weeks of leeway as far as receiving supplemental materials.

Helio

Re: Due Dates

Post by Helio » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Depends on the schools like NYU has it has to receive everything by the 12th and Stanford tells you they will email if you anything is missing