Is 4 months of Preparation enough??

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

younusraza

Is 4 months of Preparation enough??

Post by younusraza » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:49 am

I have not yet Taken Physics GRE.I have not done much in physics for few years.I plan to write it in April 2009 is 4 months of preparation good enough??Is it practicle.??

secander2!

Re: Is 4 months of Preparation enough??

Post by secander2! » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:20 am

depends on your physics background, how much you forgot, and how much time you've got to study, but yes, for a physics major whose taken the requisite classes, four months should be plenty of time.

matonski

Post by matonski » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:48 pm

I just signed up for the April one as well. I feel like it will be a perfect amount of time. Near enough to provide pressure, but not too near.

swepi

Post by swepi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:22 pm

If you have an understanding of the basics, then I would imagine 4 months would be enough. Be consistent with your preparation and you should be fine.