delay of free score recipients?

tonyhongxp

delay of free score recipients?

Post by tonyhongxp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:49 am

someone here mentioned the reports for free recipients would be delayed compared to the paid ones. Is it true?

Helio

Re: delay of free score recipients?

Post by Helio » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:14 am

where?

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:15 am

Yeah, where? If what you meant was they are more lax with free reports than paid ones, that's wrong. If something sounds too ridiculous to be true, especially these unsubstantiated "myths", don't make decisions based on them until you see proof.

I still laugh at the guy who said something like, "I heard that every third year the PGRE version is very very hard. Since the 1996 test was very very hard, and 2008 = 1996 mod(3), does that mean we're in trouble?"

But there is a ring of truth to what you heard. When you take an exam, your "free" reports are delayed in that they're not sent until your new scores come in (obviously). When you order extra reports at $15 a pop, they're sent immediately (within a few days) to the schools since you already have your scores... unless you specifically tell them to "wait" for the results of a future test to come in first.

Helio

Post by Helio » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:05 am

you mean 20 a pop

And weren't this year tests supposedly easy when they raised the 990 bar to somewhere around 90 raw score

robertson

Post by robertson » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:28 am

Hey I was the one who pointed out this thing about free score reports!!

Ok we are physicist and there is no proof, but see my case and think about it.

I took the PGRE on October 18th and Computer GRE on November 6th. I put different score recipients and the important for this case was UWashington, which was a score recipient of the GRE. Around November the 20th I send an email to ETS (lazy cows) and they told me, when the GRE results were sent your PGRE results were not available and thus only the GRE results were sent this time.
I inmediately sent the PGRE scores when the were available to the schools, UWashington and etc, and what was my surprise? The PGRE score arrived in 4 days whereas the GRE are not shown in my application.
Two possibilities:
- They have lost the score report of the GRE or somehow they are waiting to update it in my status.
- The PGRE results flied while the GRE where sent on top of a snail.
What do you think?
Sorry if the message is difficult to read!

Helio

Post by Helio » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:32 pm

OR the GRE score was send to the Grad admissions people and the PGRE score to the department, since the Grad admissions is right now filled with mail they haven't gotten to it yet. it took Uwashington 2 weeks to figure out my transcripts.. all 4 copies they wanted