can gre scores get there in time?

wade money

can gre scores get there in time?

Post by wade money » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 am

I took my test on October 18th, and I'm planning to send my scores via the online system on monday, Dec 1st. My schools' deadlines are Dec 15th. For some reason I don't trust that my scores will get there in time. Will it being 3-4 days late completely nullify my app or disqualify me for any departmental fellowships?

nonick

Re: can gre scores get there in time?

Post by nonick » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:07 pm

wait, it takes two weeks for ETS to send the score reports???
I've always thought that it doesn't take more than couple of days.
Also most of the schools with Dec 15 deadlines are fine with late scores, I am in the same boat as you - I am taking the general GRE in 2 days and won't get the results from it until around Dec.15, so most probably my general GRE scores will be late.

robertson

Post by robertson » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:12 pm

I ordered my Gre physics scores of the 18th Oct one week ago, and they were already at the university 4 days later. However, the original recipients of this test, the ones for free, didn't say anything about them yet. It seems that if you pay the results fly but the free ones take longer.

nonick

Post by nonick » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:21 pm

hmm, can somebody please confirm what robertson just wrote?
Should I just opt out of the free score reports and pay extra 80 bucks, but make sure my scores won't be unexcusably late?

Also, how do you proceed in the situation when you have a reason to expect that your November scores are higher? If you order your score reports now, they will contain only the October scores, so you will have to reorder them again when the November scores come out? Or will they automatically update the reports when the November scores come out?

Helio

Post by Helio » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:41 pm

Yes they will get there in time. I ordered mind on tuesday and they were received by UWisc on Friday at least according to their system. There is enough time and schools know your scores can be late because of test dates...