Transcript question

dmahler

Transcript question

Post by dmahler » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:40 pm

Hey guys,
I'm in mid applications right now and I noticed that MIT, Harvard, and CalTech prefer your transcripts in electronic format (ie. you scanned a copy of the transcript). Does this mean I won't have to send an official paper copy of my transcript to these schools? The instructions aren't completely clear on this matter. Thanks.
-dm

dmahler

Re: Transcript question

Post by dmahler » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Uhhhhh, sorry, I'm an idiot. It's clearly stated in the "FAQ" section of the website. You can submit a paper copy OR an electronic copy. Boy is that useful! Now I don't have to farm out all these copies of my transcripts. I just scan one and I'm pretty much done!
-dm

robertson

Re: Transcript question

Post by robertson » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:10 am

I'm not sure at all about this. Have you read this in Harvard's webpage?
Transcript Upload Page 1

The Graduate School requires that one official university/college transcript from each university/college attended--bearing the seal of the institution and signature of the registrar or appropriate official--must be submitted in support of your application. In addition, the Graduate School strongly encourages you to upload a copy of your transcript with your online application.
It looks like it is mandatory to send an official copy, and then it is optional to upload a copy. And the same about MIT. However, this is not the case with Caltech. I ask them through email and the replied saying that you need not post a copy of the transcript, with the online one is enough. What do you think?