A suggestion to class of 09: Do yourselves a fun favor :)

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

quizivex

A suggestion to class of 09: Do yourselves a fun favor :)

Post by quizivex » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:13 am

Hey guys. So now that the GREs are over, you've survived the last major hurdle on your way to grad school. You deserve to relax a few days before you dive back into your fall semester classes and start filling out apps. So I wanted to suggest that you set an evening aside with some music and food and browse/skim through the old threads on this forum. There is an enormous amount of useful information throughout the forum, especially from last years' threads (there was even an admisison chair "admissionprof" sharing info on the forum last year). Nearly every topic/question that gets asked on here been was discussed/answered on previous threads, and most likely you'd find answers to things you didn't know to ask ;). Not only that, the entertianment value of some of the old threads is priceless. There were some hilarious jokes, debates, polls, quarrels, and appearences of a divine user known as garden. There is still considerable confusion over the meaning of garden's writings, and you may be able to interpret them better than we could... especially his third commandment:
garden wrote:Ha ha ha, I did not realize that I have been hitting to the back door, thanks to crapy dude!
butsurigakusha wrote:So profound.
grae313 wrote: :shock: :shock: no. words. so. perfect...
RG wrote:wow garden, garden garden. Garden every where on every thread!! Quiz you are missing out this rare cosmological event!
Garden is omnipresent, so true!
quizivex wrote:I strained myself to exhaustion trying to comprehend this
al-Haytham wrote:It appears that the omnipresent garden has observed some of the recent tiffs that we have had in the forum and has returned with advice for us...
As to what garden means by hitting to the back door and who this mysterious crapy dude is, I don't have a clue.
vicente wrote:Whoa I must be tripping! Anyone wanna (try to) interpret what The Great One said?

Anyway, good luck finishing up your fall classes and good luck with apps! :lol: :D

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cry: :cry:

xudis149

Re: A suggestion to class of 09: Do yourselves a fun favor :)

Post by xudis149 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:59 am

i had read some of these threads earlier too...

very interesting read for sure esp abt garden :)

PoincareSection

Post by PoincareSection » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 pm

I hope garden comes back... :roll:

Helio

Post by Helio » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:19 am

hey what am i supposed to do when my birthday is squished between the second round of midterms for me.... i wanna have fun my way but i couldn't till now... i want my real beer just it get away from this dog piss

secander2!

Post by secander2! » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:31 pm

thanks quiz! I now a humble one who seeks to follow the teachings of garden... unfortunately, it makes me sad that neither garden nor the rest of you will be here to enliven the board with your presence :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Maybe you could all quit your grad schools and go through the application process again!!!!!