being paranoid

• If you want to know something about the GRE subject test in physics then chances are you will find it in here.
  • If something about the physics GRE it isn't already discussed in here then please put it in here.

nonick

being paranoid

Post by nonick » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 am

I think I did pretty well on the Nov 8th test - I answered around 95 questions, around 10 of which were educated guesses.
However, one thing bothers me. It's kind of stupid, and I know that there is probably no reason to worry at all. So here's what happened. Due to several unexpected circumstances I was late for my exam - I was at the test center at 8:40 as opposed to 8:30. At that time everybody else had finished filling in all the required information, like registration numbers and such in their answer sheets. Also the proctors seemed to be in a hurry to start the exam. So I had something like 5 minutes to fill in all the required stuff and we started the exam at 8:45. So now I have this paranoid feeling that I've messed up something on those forms, like filled up a wrong registration number or test booklet number or something. The test just went so well otherwise, that it just feels way too good to be true, so I just feel something has to go wrong...
Ah, I think after all those GRE-s, I am just turning crazy...
And still, provided hypothetically that I've filled a wrong number somewhere, would that invalidate my scores completely, or I'll just have to request a hand scoring, and argue my way with the ETS?

michael879

Re: being paranoid

Post by michael879 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:30 pm

I could be wrong but it seems like a lot of the information is redundant and screwing up 1 or 2 of the forms wouldn't result in any problem for you. Maybe you would get your scores a little late, but I can't see your scores being invalidated just because you screwed up the registration number or the test booklet number.

cato88

Post by cato88 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 pm

I cant remember if I signed the statement on my Oct test. I probably did but paranoia is taking over.

aditi405

Post by aditi405 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 am

nonick, it wont make much of a difference. dont worry. uve written ur name so its nt like they wont identify u. u r getting paranoid for no reason.

nonick

Post by nonick » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:41 am

yeah, I don't think I have any logical reason to worry, but the fact that I won't be able to see my score until 5 weeks from now is just killing me. It's good that I have midterms and papers to keep me busy in the meantime.