Online Physics Classes

• Imagine you are sipping tea or coffee while discussing various issues with a broad and diverse network of students, colleagues, and friends brought together by the common bond of physics, graduate school, and the physics GRE.

ChrisAS

Online Physics Classes

Post by ChrisAS » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:18 am

I'm taking a three semester physics course (calculus based) at the local community college to get a review of, and practice of, basic physics in preparation for the Physics GRE. Anyone know of any good Physics courses that are Web based or offered via some sort of distance learning format? I would like to hear about any such courses, however, I'm primarily interested in any that pick up where a first year course leaves off. One the probably amplifies modern physics topics (relativity, quantum, nuclear, etc.) that is most applicable to the Physics GRE.

During my online search I found the MIT Opencourseware that I will definitely try to make use of. However, that is a self teaching resource. I'm interested in hearing about taught classes. Thank You.

Astro

Maryland

Post by Astro » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:14 am

Hey, I'm in MD, too. When are you taking the test? I'm scheduled to take it in november, but I haven't done all that much in the way of studying. I wish I could have found a class or something. Too bad I didn't find this site sooner...

photon137

Post by photon137 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:10 pm

It may be a little late but the Yahoo groups has some of the answers tot he papers worked out. You coauld check them out.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/physicsgre

GILCHRIST

Hello

Post by GILCHRIST » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:45 am

Thanks photon137,

Even I missed some classes indeed.I really find the papers

published in the Yahoo groups helpfull.Thanks for the update.