Who's taking the April Physics GRE?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

quizivex

Who's taking the April Physics GRE?

Post by quizivex » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Just wondering, are any of you guys from next year's class taking the April 12 GRE?

twistor

Re: Who's taking the April Physics GRE?

Post by twistor » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Isn't one perfect score enough for you, quiz?

perplexity

Post by perplexity » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Nope, I'm not taking it yet. I want to get a full semester of electrodynamics and quantum mechanics under my belt first.

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:52 am

twistor wrote:Isn't one perfect score enough for you, quiz?

No, ETS score reports are only valid for 5 years. 4.5 years from now, I'll need to appear for another exam in order to prove that I still know the fundamentals of physics (haha just messing with all you GRE haters out there :wink: ).

I'm just surprised that there isn't a clan of people out there discussing the GRE now, as there usually is in the weeks approaching a test date...
perplexity wrote:Nope, I'm not taking it yet. I want to get a full semester of electrodynamics and quantum mechanics under my belt first.
Yeah, good idea. Those test dates are so inconvenient. One of the top students from this year's profile thread tried to get it out of the way in April to avoid having to do it in the fall but didn't score as high as he wanted... then with better preparation, took it in October and got over 100 points higher.

It'd be best if ETS offered an end of summer test date. Nonetheless, their creation of an October date was a major improvement.

twistor

Post by twistor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 pm

No, ETS score reports are only valid for 5 years. 4.5 years from now, I'll need to appear for another exam in order to prove that I still know the fundamentals of physics (haha just messing with all you GRE haters out there :wink: ).
I still don't believe you know the fundamentals of physics.

Quick, what's the square root of an electron? Ya.... thought so....

will

Post by will » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:01 pm

the square roots.

My god, you guys are dense.