Not accepted or rejected?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

sirjetpackbob

Not accepted or rejected?

Post by sirjetpackbob » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:39 am

I've seen people on here with both acceptance and rejection letters from Chicago and Michigan, but I haven't heard a word from either school. Does that mean I'm on a waiting list or something? Or is my mail just slow? I'm trying to plan my visit weekends and I'd really like to know if I should plan for their two weekends before I schedule the rest.

I still haven't heard anything from Boston either, sounds like no one has.

doom

Re: Not accepted or rejected?

Post by doom » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:49 am

I also have not heard from Michigan either way. Although I have noticed that, with one or two exceptions, the people who have heard back from Michigan were in applied physics or materials science.

dlenmn

Post by dlenmn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:23 am

You can try emailing them to find out WTF is up.

VT

Post by VT » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:47 pm

yeah, i haven ot heard from Michigan either. Nor Maryland and Ohio state. I know Princeton's and MIT's rejections are on the way though for me and i think I have been waitlisted at UIUC.''em all.

celts

Post by celts » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm

@doom

who heard from applied physics at michigan? I know one person said they got rejected from the applied physics dept. Anyone else? I'm waiting impatiently.

Admiralrewd

Post by Admiralrewd » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm still waiting on santa cruz, chicago, and wisconsin, all astronomy/astrophysics. A bunch of people I know applying to the same programs have heard (both rejections and acceptances). I guess I should really e-mail them, I'm getting a bit concerned.

BigBangin

Post by BigBangin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Admiralrewd wrote:I'm still waiting on santa cruz, chicago, and wisconsin, all astronomy/astrophysics. A bunch of people I know applying to the same programs have heard (both rejections and acceptances). I guess I should really e-mail them, I'm getting a bit concerned.

I'm still waiting to hear from the astronomy/astrophys programs at santa cruz and wisconsin as well.

fermiboy

Post by fermiboy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:28 pm

I just called UIUC and the nice lady told me that she hadn't received a decision on my application, and that not all decisions had yet been made. So some of us are still on some kind of waiting list.

multigoal

Post by multigoal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Does anybody have any updates from NYU.....Please post here......I don't have any idea regarding their next round offer.........I'm tired of waiting..... :oops: :(

gradQ

Post by gradQ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 pm

I am also patiently waiting for decisions... I have not heard back from Berkeley, Caltech, Harvard, NYU, and UIUC. Is anyone else also waiting for any of these schools, and know what is going on? I probably have need to email them, since some of them are going on a spring break soon. Good luck to all those waiting.

TheHawkBat

Post by TheHawkBat » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 pm

gradQ wrote:I am also patiently waiting for decisions... I have not heard back from Berkeley, Caltech, Harvard, NYU, and UIUC. Is anyone else also waiting for any of these schools, and know what is going on? I probably have need to email them, since some of them are going on a spring break soon. Good luck to all those waiting.
I'm also waiting on UIUC and Berkeley. I do not believe UIUC has sent out rejections yet. However I know Berkeley has sent some. From this I gather that I am waitlisted at Berkeley. I sent an e-mail asking the status of my application a few days ago, but haven't recieved a response.

gradQ

Post by gradQ » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Has anyone not heard back from Harvard?

multigoal

Post by multigoal » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:44 pm

@ jdhooghe
How do u know that Syracuse will decline you.....As far as I know the admission committee is on a meeting today.....do u have any updates?

@gradQ
why rn't you posting your profiles?...NYU already sent my decision last week.....I believe it must be a rejection....huhhhhh

multigoal

Post by multigoal » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:22 am

@ shil_void
have you decided where r u going btwn syracuse and rochester??.....I'm waitlisted in Syracuse......Please let them know if you are not going there....Wish u the very best in ur career....

hpharty

Post by hpharty » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 am

Damn you UPenn!

That is really all I have to add to this thread.