score report question

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

nvanmeter

score report question

Post by nvanmeter » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:07 pm

i took my general GRE on nov 29. that's cutting it pretty damn close for the dec 15 deadlines... now i have 5 applications due on dec 15, and i put four of those schools down to receive the score report when i took the test (i'm not even sure they'll make it in time...but that's out of my control). now i need to get the scores sent to the fifth school, but if i call in now before my general GRE test is graded, will they just send the subject tests or will they hold off and wait until the general is graded and then send everything (like i want them to)? or should i wait to send in the request to send my scores to the fifth school until after i know the general test is graded? thanks

twistor

Post by twistor » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:44 pm

Did you take the paper based test or computer based test? If you took the computer based test it only takes two weeks, and I think most schools will wait some time after the deadline if your scores are the only thing missing. As long asd you take the test before the application deadline you should be OK.

brothermalcolm

Post by brothermalcolm » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:14 am

hey i dunno y i didnt notice this post earlier... but i was worrying about the same kind of thing as you coz i took my cat gen test on nov 28

i now dial the ets scores by phone number daily and hope that my scores for nov gen test had come out... but sadly no

if twistor is right then we dont have to worry too much since we definitely got the sub test to report to the dec 15 schools. thats what i did basically i asked for sub test to be reported to those schools first even tho gen test hadnt come out yet...

nvanmeter

Post by nvanmeter » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:31 pm

good news: i took the general on nov. 29 and my score report is now available by phone, so yours probably will be tomorrow