Please guide me

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

ani_phys

Please guide me

Post by ani_phys » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:35 pm

i have scored very poorly in general GRE.My verbal score is 320 and quantitative 750.Do I have any chance in getting admission in any American Universities.I have a GPA above 8 out of 10 in MSc in Indian University.I have some research experience also.i am interested in experimental condensed matter physics.In toefl I have 85 in IBT.My subject scores are yet to be out.So how much chance I have and if any in which universities should I apply(Please give examples)?
Can you provide me a source where I will get rankings of universities in Condensed matter physics?

hpharty

Post by hpharty » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:08 am

If you perform well on your subject test and meet the minimum TOEFL requirements at the schools you are applying; I think you would still stand a very good chance. Condensed Matter is a very popular choice among international students though and your competition will likely be fierce. As far as what schools to apply to I would say just keep searching. These forums have some very useful topics already.

ani_phys

Post by ani_phys » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:32 am

I got the rankings of the universities according to subject..but cant find anything about condensed matter physics.And the research varies from dept to dept and also according to funding.Cn u suggest me any website where I can find the relevant details....