Need advice

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

F_Mukul_Sharma_gWOS

Need advice

Post by F_Mukul_Sharma_gWOS » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum so I would like to introduce myself first. I'm currently an under-graduate student doing Engineering Physics from Delhi Technological University (DTU) which is among the top 10 in my country.
I'm currently in my 3rd year and I'm planning to apply for MS in physics (field not decided yet) for fall 2018. So I'll give my gre general as well as physics subject test this year. I have an ongoing research on quantum mechanics which will be finished and published possibly by next month.
1. Can you guys suggest me about how to prepare for my subject test?
2. Also can you provide me with the list of best universities for MS in physics?
My current college cgpa is 7.8. I'm also an active participant of an NGO. I also participated in an international conference and won the best delegate award (not physics related). My research will be published soom and I have pretty good LOR (I guess). I think I'll be able to score 320+ in gre general test and 90+ in TOEFEL (it might increase too).
3. So what all universities can I get into with my current profile?
Sorry for asking too much questions at once.
Thank you :)

sergioyapa

Re: Need advice

Post by sergioyapa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Apply to Ph.D., that is the best advice I can give you. I am about to begin my Ph.D. and you seem to have a good background. It is a lot harder to find financial aid for a MS and if your final goal is a Ph.D. why not applying as soon as possible right? I promess you won't regret. Try to get good letters of recommendation, they are more important that test scores!