Failed to Accept Fellowship/Assistantship

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

djh101

Failed to Accept Fellowship/Assistantship

Post by djh101 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello Physics GRE,

I think I win the award for worst honest mistake of incoming graduate students. I accepted my admission to the graduate school on April 12 but did not submit my acceptance of admission (which the form given seems to be for acceptance of my fellowship/assistantship) to the physics department. I am currently awaiting a response from the physics department chair. So, I don't really need any assistance from anyone on here, but I am very uneasy right now and am hoping writing this thread will help me feel a little bit better while I await a response. Thanks for reading. :(

djh101

Re: Failed to Accept Fellowship/Assistantship

Post by djh101 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:53 am

Well, good news (if anyone is interested). The department was willing to offer me another financial aid package, so I no longer have to worry about explaining to everyone I know (particularly family) why I wouldn't be starting school this fall. Though I'm not really sure what it is, there's probably a lesson to be learned here. Best of luck in graduate school to everyone else!