Harvard Applied Physics

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

PhysicsIsCool

Harvard Applied Physics

Postby PhysicsIsCool » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:03 pm

Sooooo the first acceptance to the Harvard applied physics program has been posted on gradcafe...in the comments the person said he/she had TWO interviews before being accepted. If I haven't been interviewed, am I basically screwed? Does anyone know how this works/has anyone had interviews for Harvard? I'm afraid there's no hope left for me, which makes me very sad. :cry:

Aether73

Re: Harvard Applied Physics

Postby Aether73 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:26 pm

PhysicsIsCool wrote:Sooooo the first acceptance to the Harvard applied physics program has been posted on gradcafe...in the comments the person said he/she had TWO interviews before being accepted. If I haven't been interviewed, am I basically screwed? Does anyone know how this works/has anyone had interviews for Harvard? I'm afraid there's no hope left for me, which makes me very sad. :cry:

I doubt that everyone who gets admitted gets an interview.

blackmass

Re: Harvard Applied Physics

Postby blackmass » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Like Aether said, I don't think all schools give interviews to everyone, so some may get admitted without one. That being said, this was my worry with Caltech. It's hard to know whether a school sends out all their offers at once or in multiple rounds, in which case there's nothing to worry about. I'm waiting to hear from Harvard astro myself, so I can't add anything of any real worth, but if you haven't heard anything yet, hang in there, there's still hope!

Return to “Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics”