Bachelors of Science in Physics

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

zandor

Bachelors of Science in Physics

Post by zandor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 am

Hey, I was looking at Dr. Michael D. Griffin's profile.

[Dr. Griffin currently holds seven degrees. He has earned a Bachelor of Arts in physics from Johns Hopkins University in 1971; a Master of Science in Engineering in aerospace science from the Catholic University of America in 1974; a Doctor of Philosophy in aerospace engineering from the University of Maryland in 1977; a Master of Science in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California in 1979; a Master of Science in applied physics from Johns Hopkins University in 1983; a Master of Business Administration from the University of Maryland in 1990; and a Master of Science in civil engineering from George Washington University in 1998.]

Things I would like to know:
What is the difference between Bachelor of Arts in physics and Bachelor of Science in physics?
Is it still possible for someone to do Master of Science in Engineering in aerospace science, Master of Science in electrical engineering and Master of Science in civil engineering after doing Bachelor of Science in physics and if it is possible to do them, how could they do it(would they have sit some extra papers or something)?
How was he able to get MBA, does having a bachelors degree in physics make up for it?

I would like to get my Phd. in Physics and get Masters in Aerospace Engineering, since Aerospace Engineering is not offered in NZ; I was hoping that I could get my Bachelors degree and then go to America or Canada possibly to do Masters in Aerospace engineering. Please give me any more information that would be helppful.

Thanks

physics123

Re: Bachelors of Science in Physics

Post by physics123 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:30 am

This information is online
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_o ... ted_States

If you're interested in a program, simply visit its webpage and look at the listed admission requirements. It may vary but they will say what field of undergraduate study is suitable.