@Twistor & Current Medical Physics Students

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Kites

@Twistor & Current Medical Physics Students

Post by Kites » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Hello,

I would have sent this in a PM, but the option wasn't there when I looked Twistor up. To start, I have read all of your posts in the Medical Physics thread on this site so I am fully away of all of that.

I was hoping though that you, and any others on the forum in medical physics, could give me some advice. I really need some advice on the interview process for medical physics.

My first interview is in just 1 week. I don't have any clue as to what goes on in these interviews. I was hoping you could shed some light on this, what kind of questions they ask, what's important, all of that sort of thing. I am very nervous going into them without any preparation so it would really put my nerves at ease if you could tell me what it's like.

Thank you everyone for all of your help and your advice this forum has been very helpful for my applications and answered so many of my questions.

twistor

Re: @Twistor & Current Medical Physics Students

Post by twistor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

I have never had an interview for medical physics because the schools I applied to didn't use that as a selection method for acceptance. I've talked to people who have done interviews, but that was awhile ago. From what I recall it was like any other interview. Be prepared to talk about your interests (e.g. why you are interested in medical physics) and be ready to explain why you applied to their school. Be prepared to talk about your research and explain why it's going to help you be successful in graduate school.

Good luck and don't be nervous. Sorry I can't offer better advice.