- This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
- There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.
- Posts: 30
- Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:05 pm
Anybody know what time on the 15th we have to respond to our offers by? I think somebody mentioned midnight in the timezone of the school, is this correct?
- Posts: 398
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:24 am
matonski wrote:Can we make the decision on April 15 itself? One of my schools has an open house this weekend and I could use all the time I can get.
Yes (although there might be a question of time zones--I believe it is interpreted as the time when midnight strikes at the school in question). Still it would be VERY courteous to decide a day earlier, to let more offers be made.
Yap! that's correct.
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:30 am
Actually, one of my letters said something like "We will hold this offer open for you until 5pm MST on April 15th," so I would double check your letters to make sure.
Return to “Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics”