Physics M.S. Programs

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Physics M.S. Programs

Postby brassgod » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi all,

I will be applying to M.S. physics programs for 2010, and I have a few questions. I know most posters and lurkers are pursuing a PhD program, but a few of us (or just me?) will be applying for an M.S.. My plan is to pursue experimental condensed matter.

1. Will it be possible to get funding for an M.S. degree or should I prepare to pay for it myself?
    2. Are there any type of rankings for M.S. programs? If so, where can I find them?
    3. Any particular school that I should keep in mind?

Re: Physics M.S. Programs

Postby pqortic » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:29 am

there are some MS program available at schools that also offer funding. but most of them are lower-rank or out of rank. also there is a M.E program in Cornell without funding which is for CME. you'd better look at this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2242

Return to “Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics”