Astro admission news 2009

  • This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Please inform others about the admission/rejection news you will/have receive/d from different Astronomy graduate programs in 2009.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:00 pm

I (and some others in this forum) received an admission from UT Austin two days ago.

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Ren » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:03 pm

How is this differrent from this thread?

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:09 pm

I guess its title is more precise and have the date on it; so probably easier to find for others.

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Ren » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Alistar wrote:I (and some others in this forum) received an admission from UT Austin two days ago.


by the way, congrats! and please consider posting your profile in the profile thread.

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:14 pm

congrats Ren... btw if you get into IMPRES Garching go there.... the research institute has so much more money then most US schools :D

pqortic
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:24 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby pqortic » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:45 pm

I dunno why universities announce the astronomy results earlier than physics. even in schools that programs are joint and with the same deadline.

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:52 pm

emperial wrote:I dunno why universities announce the astronomy results earlier than physics. even in schools that programs are joint and with the same deadline.


less applicants, therefore, less work, therefore, quicker answers, simple as that

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Helio wrote:congrats Ren... btw if you get into IMPRES Garching go there.... the research institute has so much more money then most US schools :D


I am sure Garching is a great place for research. But I am not sure about their PhD program(in comparison to top US schools). Their program is only for 3 years and if you look at former students, they remain there for their post doc in the best cases. In addition the salary is not that much(given the fact Munich is an expensive city)

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Alistar wrote:
Helio wrote:congrats Ren... btw if you get into IMPRES Garching go there.... the research institute has so much more money then most US schools :D


I am sure Garching is a great place for research. But I am not sure about their PhD program(in comparison to top US schools). Their program is only for 3 years and if you look at former students, they remain there for their post doc in the best cases. In addition the salary is not that much(given the fact Munich is an expensive city)


that depends where in Munich you live (I have worked at the MPI for Physics)... I know people who got housing with sub-300 euro rent. I dunno i find the environment a bit more relaxed and conducive to research because you might not have to teach.

User avatar
Fritz.Zwicky
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Fritz.Zwicky » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Hey dude,

you are just confusing everybody by starting a new thread about astronomy admissions. Cease and desist, otherwise even Jan Oort will not help you.

Fritz "Now You Are Just Pissing Me Off" Zwicky

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Fritz.Zwicky wrote:Hey dude,

you are just confusing everybody by starting a new thread about astronomy admissions. Cease and desist, otherwise even Jan Oort will not help you.

Fritz "Now You Are Just Pissing Me Off" Zwicky


Thankfully, Gerard Kuiper is much more forgiving.

Keep the thread, it has a better title.
Last edited by nathan12343 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Just to share some info:
based on the last year data(this and this), the first news from Arizona and Princeton were coming around early Feb(actually, Arizona people told me I should expect it by the end of Jan, this year) and the first results from Harvard around the midst of Feb.

astrophysicist2b
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby astrophysicist2b » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm

I applied to IMPRS Heidelberg, but it's not very high on my list at this point (I would've applied to Garching too, but was thinking the deadline was Dec. 15th and not the 1st). Heidelberg is a very nice city, and the grad students seemed happy, but my thoughts on the IMPRS program after I visited there this summer were that 1. a degree in 3 years seems really short, 2. the stipend isn't much, 3. I wouldn't want to have my research advisor set in stone from the moment I started, and 4. I think it's harder to get a US postdoc after finishing (although I guess everything depends on who you work with). I've heard Garching is pretty boring from people who have been there though; not close enough to Munich to go there regularly.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:46 pm

astrophysicist2b wrote:I applied to IMPRS Heidelberg, but it's not very high on my list at this point (I would've applied to Garching too, but was thinking the deadline was Dec. 15th and not the 1st). Heidelberg is a very nice city, and the grad students seemed happy, but my thoughts on the IMPRS program after I visited there this summer were that 1. a degree in 3 years seems really short, 2. the stipend isn't much, 3. I wouldn't want to have my research advisor set in stone from the moment I started, and 4. I think it's harder to get a US postdoc after finishing (although I guess everything depends on who you work with). I've heard Garching is pretty boring from people who have been there though; not close enough to Munich to go there regularly.


I also applied for IMPRS but for the Garching one and I think they were accepting applications even by the end of last year!
Anyway I have the same concerns that you mentioned about IMPRS except I dont have any problem to work with someone I like, form the first day.
As you said their program is only for 3 years and you can imagine how big is the difference between a 4 or 5 years program and this 3 years one; most of PhD students who finished their PhD work with 4-5 first author papers in normal 4-5 years programs, publish 3-4 of them in the last one or two years of their work which makes the 4th and 5th years very important, if you are going to get a good post doc.
I followed the passed IMPRS students and found out they usually were able to stay in Garching in the best cases(probably to finish their works!)
I have also a few friends there, whom are not satisfied with the payment!

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Alistar wrote:
astrophysicist2b wrote:I applied to IMPRS Heidelberg, but it's not very high on my list at this point (I would've applied to Garching too, but was thinking the deadline was Dec. 15th and not the 1st). Heidelberg is a very nice city, and the grad students seemed happy, but my thoughts on the IMPRS program after I visited there this summer were that 1. a degree in 3 years seems really short, 2. the stipend isn't much, 3. I wouldn't want to have my research advisor set in stone from the moment I started, and 4. I think it's harder to get a US postdoc after finishing (although I guess everything depends on who you work with). I've heard Garching is pretty boring from people who have been there though; not close enough to Munich to go there regularly.


I also applied for IMPRS but for the Garching one and I think they were accepting applications even by the end of last year!
Anyway I have the same concerns that you mentioned about IMPRS except I dont have any problem to work with someone I like, form the first day.
As you said their program is only for 3 years and you can imagine how big is the difference between a 4 or 5 years program and this 3 years one; most of PhD students who finished their PhD work with 4-5 first author papers in normal 4-5 years programs, publish 3-4 of them in the last one or two years of their work which makes the 4th and 5th years very important, if you are going to get a good post doc.
I followed the passed IMPRS students and found out they usually were able to stay in Garching in the best cases(probably to finish their works!)
I have also a few friends there, whom are not satisfied with the payment!


I worked that MPI in Munich itself and they never complained about the pay, where Munich is way more expensive than Heidelberg. People always seem to forget with these programs that people are supposed to have a Masters when they enter, not a Bachelor as in the US. This means the two years in the US you typically spend for taking classes and getting your masters have to be deducted from the time. It also says that if you enter with a Bachelor you will need to get a Masters first, so your funding might be a bit stretched.

I am not sure why people say Garching is so far out. All natural sciences and engineer for the TUM, the IPP, MPI Astrophysics, and MPI Quantum Optics are in Garching and the U6 takes you straight into the city, like literally into the city center. I knew people that commuted from the other end of city every day to work. This is not the US. The train ride takes maybe 30 minutes tops (into the city) and maybe 20 to the part of town where the bars are. There is nothing really to complain about, when it comes to location.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:40 pm

Helio wrote:I worked that MPI in Munich itself and they never complained about the pay, where Munich is way more expensive than Heidelberg. People always seem to forget with these programs that people are supposed to have a Masters when they enter, not a Bachelor as in the US. This means the two years in the US you typically spend for taking classes and getting your masters have to be deducted from the time. It also says that if you enter with a Bachelor you will need to get a Masters first, so your funding might be a bit stretched.

I am not sure why people say Garching is so far out. All natural sciences and engineer for the TUM, the IPP, MPI Astrophysics, and MPI Quantum Optics are in Garching and the U6 takes you straight into the city, like literally into the city center. I knew people that commuted from the other end of city every day to work. This is not the US. The train ride takes maybe 30 minutes tops (into the city) and maybe 20 to the part of town where the bars are. There is nothing really to complain about, when it comes to location.


Good point about the master degree.
But still I think there is a big difference between 3 years program and 4-5 years program. Assuming the years you are working on your thesis research is 3 years in both cases, and you begin a totally different thing from you master work with someone else, there is still a big difference between beginning your work in the same environment as you did your master or going to a place which is totally new!
But in reality, in US graduate programs, lots of people simply continue their master work with the same adviser which is even better!

I dont have anything to say about the living costs and other things related to Munich as a city because I have not lived there! I just talked to some of my friends in the program and they told me the usual salary is less than for example what is usual in the Netherlands(by around 30%) and the costs are almost the same.

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Alistar wrote:
Helio wrote:I worked that MPI in Munich itself and they never complained about the pay, where Munich is way more expensive than Heidelberg. People always seem to forget with these programs that people are supposed to have a Masters when they enter, not a Bachelor as in the US. This means the two years in the US you typically spend for taking classes and getting your masters have to be deducted from the time. It also says that if you enter with a Bachelor you will need to get a Masters first, so your funding might be a bit stretched.

I am not sure why people say Garching is so far out. All natural sciences and engineer for the TUM, the IPP, MPI Astrophysics, and MPI Quantum Optics are in Garching and the U6 takes you straight into the city, like literally into the city center. I knew people that commuted from the other end of city every day to work. This is not the US. The train ride takes maybe 30 minutes tops (into the city) and maybe 20 to the part of town where the bars are. There is nothing really to complain about, when it comes to location.


Good point about the master degree.
But still I think there is a big difference between 3 years program and 4-5 years program. Assuming the years you are working on your thesis research is 3 years in both cases, and you begin a totally different thing from you master work with someone else, there is still a big difference between beginning your work in the same environment as you did your master or going to a place which is totally new!
But in reality, in US graduate programs, lots of people simply continue their master work with the same adviser which is even better!

I dont have anything to say about the living costs and other things related to Munich as a city because I have not lived there! I just talked to some of my friends in the program and they told me the usual salary is less than for example what is usual in the Netherlands(by around 30%) and the costs are almost the same.


I knew that I was just pointing out my experience that is all.

astrophysicist2b
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby astrophysicist2b » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Just heard from IMPRS Heidelberg; I have to visit in a few weeks for interviews. Even though I'm somewhat concerned about the length of program, post-doc prospects, and having an advisor going in, my present advisor pointed out that I may meet people who I can collaborate with later, even if I don't end up going there. I'd at least like to spend a year in Germany at some point...

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:15 pm

I just received an e-mail from UC Santa Cruz astronomy, I'm apparently on their 'short list' and they will be conducting an interview with me on skype sometime in the next week.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:28 pm

nathan12343 wrote:I just received an e-mail from UC Santa Cruz astronomy, I'm apparently on their 'short list' and they will be conducting an interview with me on skype sometime in the next week.


Congratz Nathan and best wishes for you in the interview. I received the same email 3 hours ago...

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Alistar wrote:
nathan12343 wrote:I just received an e-mail from UC Santa Cruz astronomy, I'm apparently on their 'short list' and they will be conducting an interview with me on skype sometime in the next week.


Congratz Nathan and best wishes for you in the interview. I received the same email 3 hours ago...



You too, kind of nervous about this, though it's certainly nice to hear back from at least one school.

User avatar
Ren
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Ren » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 pm

congrats guys!
what do you mean by short list? short list for admission?? It's not a wait list is it?

bosem
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby bosem » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 pm

nathan12343 wrote:
Alistar wrote:
nathan12343 wrote:I just received an e-mail from UC Santa Cruz astronomy, I'm apparently on their 'short list' and they will be conducting an interview with me on skype sometime in the next week.


Congratz Nathan and best wishes for you in the interview. I received the same email 3 hours ago...



You too, kind of nervous about this, though it's certainly nice to hear back from at least one school.

Hey nathan12343 and Alistar,
Congrats! Did you guys apply for the TASC graduate student program? Did you apply to the astronomy or the physics department?

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:40 pm

bosem wrote:Hey nathan12343 and Alistar,
Congrats! Did you guys apply for the TASC graduate student program? Did you apply to the astronomy or the physics department?



Did not apply to the TASC program, and this is the astronomy department.

Ren wrote:congrats guys!
what do you mean by short list? short list for admission?? It's not a wait list is it?


This is a short list for admission, not a wait list.

astrophysicist2b
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby astrophysicist2b » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 am

I just got the Santa Cruz email too... I think I'm more nervous about a Skype interview than I would be for one in person.

User avatar
dustdevil
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby dustdevil » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:35 am

Congrats guys!
Last edited by dustdevil on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 am

astrophysicist2b wrote:I just got the Santa Cruz email too... I think I'm more nervous about a Skype interview than I would be for one in person.



webcam anyone? I use skype every day it is good quality... just think of it as a phone interview

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:25 am

Does anyone have any advice for these interviews? Is it more of a formality than anything?

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:58 am

nathan12343 wrote:Does anyone have any advice for these interviews? Is it more of a formality than anything?


I dont think they are going to ask you the answer of some detailed scientific problems. I think the best thing to do is to be yourself and present your background and interests good enough to make your case bold.

BTW, it seems IMPRS-Garching is organizing its workshop-interview on 2-4 March, this year ;)

valkyrie
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby valkyrie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Another Santa Cruz email, this morning! :)

astrophysicist2b
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby astrophysicist2b » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

I've heard the Santa Cruz interview is to make sure you're competent before they make the final decisions (both scientifically and socially). They've apparently had people they've accepted and then really regretted the decision upon meeting them in person, so this is supposed to cut down on such situations.

quantumstringfield
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:00 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby quantumstringfield » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:23 pm

astrophysicist2b wrote:I've heard the Santa Cruz interview is to make sure you're competent before they make the final decisions (both scientifically and socially).


Whatever do you mean socially? Do I detect a hint of snobbery or prejudice in the application process?

PoincareSection
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby PoincareSection » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm

quantumstringfield wrote:
astrophysicist2b wrote:I've heard the Santa Cruz interview is to make sure you're competent before they make the final decisions (both scientifically and socially).


Whatever do you mean socially? Do I detect a hint of snobbery or prejudice in the application process?


No, they want to make sure you're affable and not withdrawn and/or a stereotypical socially inept physicist. They want to be sure they can work with you over the next several years.

User avatar
Helio
Posts: 809
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Helio » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Congrats on the michigan one....

rohit
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby rohit » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:27 am

Whats wrong with being withdrawn and/or a stereotypical socially inept physicist ? Dirac was one. So am I. Though I'm no Dirac. Far from it. :wink:

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 pm

I have my interview with UCSC in about 10 minutes, I'll update this post when it's over. REALLY nervous....

No reason to be nervous, it went great, really like a conversation, not like a formal scary interview.

bosem
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby bosem » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the details. Post up a transcript of your interview, please.

abeboparebop
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:26 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby abeboparebop » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 pm

bosem wrote:Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the details. Post up a transcript of your interview, please.


haha...

User avatar
Fritz.Zwicky
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Fritz.Zwicky » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:05 pm

bosem wrote:Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the details. Post up a transcript of your interview, please.


You can't use the same lines, that would be plagiarism. Unless the Princeton dude allows you to do that, it is all a game after all, just make sure you don't get caught.

Fritz "astronomy professor" Zwicky

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm

bosem wrote:Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the details. Post up a transcript of your interview, please.


No, even if I had a transcript I'd still say no.

User avatar
dustdevil
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby dustdevil » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 am

When I read that I thought he was joking. :shock:

astrophysicist2b
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby astrophysicist2b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:06 am

I had the same experience as Nathan with Santa Cruz; had to talk about my research (and let them talk about it), ask a few questions about the program, and clarify a few details in my application. Not at all scary. I couldn't get the skype video to work so that I could see them, so it was a rather interesting conversation with my computer screen.

bosem
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:07 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby bosem » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:01 pm

nathan12343 wrote:
bosem wrote:Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the details. Post up a transcript of your interview, please.


No, even if I had a transcript I'd still say no.

Oh you broke my heart! :(

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:10 pm

bosem wrote:
nathan12343 wrote:
bosem wrote:Fingers crossed. I am looking forward to the details. Post up a transcript of your interview, please.


No, even if I had a transcript I'd still say no.

Oh you broke my heart! :(



Sorry?

evilclaw2321
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby evilclaw2321 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Do most schools do interviews? I was under the impression that that didn't happen much anymore.

nathan12343
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby nathan12343 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:35 pm

I don't think so, I was surprised when Santa Cruz e-mailed me about it.

Alistar
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Alistar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I am also done with UCSC interview. They told me the final results would be known by one week or so.
No matter what would be the result, I really enjoyed it. I think other schools should do the same.

evilclaw2321 wrote:Do most schools do interviews? I was under the impression that that didn't happen much anymore.


In Europe its a part of usual procedure to accept PhD students. They also ask for a short presentation in addition to a general interview. But as far as I know it is not common in US, though some schools are doing that. Especially for international students to make sure they have the minimum of communication abilities.

User avatar
Synthesize
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:35 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Synthesize » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:33 pm

The University of Washington called this morning. I'm in!

User avatar
Unnatural Log
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:07 pm

Re: Astro admission news 2009

Postby Unnatural Log » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:35 pm

I got an acceptance from Arizona planetary sciences today! Not quite astro, but close enough.




Return to “Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests