Perimeter Scholars International

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

nowhereguy

Perimeter Scholars International

Post by nowhereguy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:17 am

Hi all. I thought I should bring this to your attention. Perimeter Institute is now offering a one-year M.S. (to be granted by the University of Waterloo). I believe this is a great option for anyone interested in doing theoretical physics. You should check out all the details here:

http://www.perimeterscholars.org/

The faculty of the program is really outstanding :shock: . Oh, and students accepted into the program will be eligible for full scholarships.

Hope this will be of interest to people visiting this forum ;)

physicienne

Re: Perimeter Scholars International

Post by physicienne » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:52 am

i agree with the above, it sounds like an amazing opportunity in a very supportive environment.

i am curious - is anyone thinking of applying?

tmc

Re: Perimeter Scholars International

Post by tmc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 pm

The problem is that this Masters program doesn't grow into a PhD.
Which means if you go there, you have to reapply to another 8 grad schools next year, and risk not getting in your top choices even if you're accepted into them this year.