Need some suggestions on reach/safety schools

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

Arnab233

Need some suggestions on reach/safety schools

Postby Arnab233 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi, can someone suggest some reach/safety schools in the US? I am currently in the third semester of my masters
programme and want to apply for high energy theory/gravitation and cosmology.

Undergrad Institution: Ok college in India, unknown for physics
Major(s):physics
Minor(s):math/statistics
GPA in Major:64/100
GPA in Minor:78/100
Overall GPA:70/100
Length of Degree: 3 year bachelor
Type of Student: international male

Masters: Good research institute in India
Major(s):physics
Minor(s):
GPA:86/100(for first 2 semesters)

Length of Degree: 2 year masters
Position in Class: near top
Type of Student: international male

Research Experience: Reading Project on ADM Formalism in GR, currently doing a project on differential
geometry

Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: will take a grad course on QFT

Since my undergrad GPA is quite low and I have no publications, I fear I'll be rejected from any school I apply to especially since I am applying for high energy theory.

Also, I really don't want to shift to other areas like condensed matter theory/quantum information theory.

I will be taking my GRE's and TOEFL this year.Hopefully, I'll have competitive scores.

Any information will be helpful.

Return to “Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics”