Fall grades

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

odin

Fall grades

Post by odin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 pm

As a lot of colleges seem to have mid dec deadlines, do you not include your fall grades in the application and transcripts?

twistor

Re: Fall grades

Post by twistor » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:15 pm

You don't include them unless they are in at the time you submit your application. Almost all schools request a final transcript before you begin graduate school. The final semester is usually unnecessary for admissions purposes because the previous several years worth of work are enough to predict your performance in graduate school.

zxcv

Post by zxcv » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:16 pm

I sent transcripts originally without them, but since I miraculously actually did very well that semester I promptly sent new copies of my transcripts with a brief cover letter including my new GPA once the official grades came in.

quizivex

Post by quizivex » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:30 am

same here, i took 7 classes and got all A's my fall senior semester so i sent new transcripts to all my schools. Some schools explicitly state on their websites that they want you to send in the fall grades as soon as they are available, but most don't. So in the unfortunate case your fall semester is weak, you don't need to bother, but if you do well, send them in, it's worth it.