BAD GRE GENERAL SCORES

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

IAmGroot

BAD GRE GENERAL SCORES

Post by IAmGroot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 am

Hi
I got only 309 in general gre (Q-161, V-148, A-3). I have gpa 7.6/10. My IELTS overall - 7.5 (L-8.5, S-6.5, R-8, W-7.5). I have a summer internship in Astronomy and Project work in Quantum optics (theory). I'm interested to do PhD in QO/QI. Should i retake my gre? Do you have any suggestions for safety schools ? Do i have a chance in Boston Uni?

panama

Re: BAD GRE GENERAL SCORES

Post by panama » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 am

Since your verbal and analytical score is low, you should retake the GRE if you have the time and resources. Regarding the school selection, you can start by going through us news or QS ranking in physics. Read up about the universities on this forum, gradcafe and the university websites. That should give you a good idea on where to apply.