Metric for Graduate Student Happiness / Satisfaction?

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

tiyusufaly

Metric for Graduate Student Happiness / Satisfaction?

Postby tiyusufaly » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi all,

I know in many ways this is not really a useful question, because the answer depends largely on the individual and especially on whom your research advisor is.

However, I am wondering if there is any way to gauge how happy, on average, the typical graduate student at a particular physics program is. I'm talking about average satisfaction with the department, student life, support, etc... Is there some sort of online metric that I can use as a rough guide to see where students tend to be happiest?

In addition, if anyone has personal opinions on this issue regarding top 30-40 schools (i.e., you have an opinion that a certain school's students tend to be happier, or not happier), I'd be glad to hear those as well.

Thank you.

Return to “Prospective Physics Graduate Student Topics”