RE: BOND1CHAMP's Personal Message 5/31

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

quizivex

RE: BOND1CHAMP's Personal Message 5/31

Post by quizivex » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 am

A little while ago, a lovely student named BOND1CHAMP sent out a PM (probably to several users) with the following inquiry. I didn't have anything to say, so I didn't reply, but if anyone else has some input (especially grae313 :wink: ), maybe yuz could post it here.
On 5/31, BOND1CHAMP wrote:Hii sir ! I am student here in India .Just passed out of 10+2 under cbse with 85% percent aggregate .I gave my heart and soul for getting into iits for aerospace engg. , but all in vain as I dint get selected . I am very disheartened . But somehow I don't know ..I feel there are much better options available to me and I should not stay depressed .

Now I got to know abt this GRE exam from some people in orkut community.So I searched for it and got here .I realised that I am more interested in GRE subject exam ..basically physics at which I believe I excel.Now I have a 95% chance getting mechanical or industrial engg. in my state gov college.But I want to do masters later in US univ. in aerospace .I searched abt many things in GRE ..but I am not quite sure abt many details and I have many doubts .For example , when to apply for GRE ..when are the exam dates published ,what are the univ. for which I can apply, whats the importance of GRE score ...and many more .

Please mam , I shall be glad be gratefull to u if throw a light on this matter and guide me so that I can plan my things .U are like my mentor now .
I really like how he addressed me as a male in the first paragraph but by the time I got to the final paragraph I was female...

VT

Re: RE: BOND1CHAMP's Personal Message 5/31

Post by VT » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:36 am

hahahah. This is really funny, quizivex, starts with sir and ends with mam..

Oh man, I still remember taking one of those IITs entrance exams though I am not from India. It was pain in the ass. I would not be surprised at all if a high school student who passes the entrance exam gets 900 or above in PGRE.

fermiboy

Re: RE: BOND1CHAMP's Personal Message 5/31

Post by fermiboy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:48 pm

I got this too. I thought I was his/her mentor, but now I see that I'm not the only one. I feel a little hurt...