I know that this is something that might differ from school to school, and yes, I will be making inquiries to the schools I've been accepted to soon (heard back from most, still waiting on a couple), but I'd still love to hear your thoughts or advice.
Basically, I really want to defer enrollment for a year, and have no idea if schools generally let you do this. I have what I believe is a very good reason, and is both physics and teaching related. Does anybody know anything about deferring admission? I'm most worried about Columbia, which I've heard might not allow this at all.
Any help is much appreciated.