but I want to wait until I have the hard copies of the acceptance letters before I turn any schools down...this is a huge triumph for me and I want these letters to keep forever
excel wrote::) then, after u win the nobel prize and die, ppl will auction your 25-30K stipend offer letters for a million dollar each...or display them in some museum.
ibbgs wrote:At the end of the whole process do we get to find out what school admissionprof is from. I would be very interested to know.
I've actually talked about this forum with a few other admissions directors
But it's always fun to speculate. I don't think you even know what gender or nationality I am....
pfft, those things should be going for 10 mil at least...
quizivex wrote:Does anyone know if turning down offers early actually helps out other applicants... to me it seems many schools have already made all of their decisions. For instance, Stanford responded to everyone in one day. So even if 20 of us deny their offer tomorrow, they're not going to admit anyone else would they?
I'll still turn my offers down next week just in case...
doom wrote:admissionprof (or anyone else who would know)
Do schools usually offer visits to the students that they admit in the second round? I got into Washington about two weeks after most other people heard back. Their letter did not mention anything about a visit. I wrote an email asking when I could visit, but have not yet heard a response. (Granted, it's only been one business day.) They're one of my top choices, but it would be hard to get a good feel for the department if I never visit.
Also, why do schools offer admission in rounds? Did they spend the past two weeks deciding who else to admit? Was I bumped up off of a waiting list? Did they select all the students two weeks ago and then just sit on my letter for a couple of weeks so that they wouldn't have to fly me out? Or is this the type of question whose answer will forever remain in the shadows?
myass wrote:declined offers from UC Irvine and Wisconsin-Madison today. More to decline after I get reimbursed for my visits.
Dear Graduate Program Coordinator,
I am writing to decline your offer of admission to the physics PhD program at Davis.
I will send in the paper form once I have made my final decision on where to enroll, or sooner if you prefer. Suffice it to say Davis was my "safety" and I have been fairly successful: my top choice right now is the physics program at Berkeley.
neoslovakia wrote:whats the standard way to word an email turning down an offer?
zxcv wrote:I would send in the decision form they gave me, but I left it at school and I'm away for this week on spring break. I'm not sure why an email couldn't count officially, but I'll definitely send in the form when I can, especially if they need it so they can do stuff like take people off wait lists.
zxcv wrote: you weren't quite like I expected, but of course I'm going to refrain from comment on that .
Did you end up sticking around in Seattle? A number of us went downtown and checked out things like the Pike St market and the sculpture garden. Seattle is a nice city.
Users browsing this forum: grenupet, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests