UMass- Amherst admitted and waiting applicant 2018 Fall

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

bahar.physics

UMass- Amherst admitted and waiting applicant 2018 Fall

Post by bahar.physics » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Hello everyone

Has anyone heard anything from Amherst?
Please share the decision. I am waiting for this university :cry: :cry:
And also, please decline if you have better offers :cry:

wucun667

Re: UMass- Amherst admitted and waiting applicant 2018 Fall

Post by wucun667 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi bahar.physics, I also haven't received any reply from UMass Amherst. Neither rejected nor admitted... My UMass Spire account says "As of January 17, 2018, the status of your application is applied". Other than that, not even an email...eerily silent...The "2018 Admission result" post showed one student was rejected on March 2nd, so I guess we are probably on their waitlist. We might send them an email inquiring about our application status. Best of luck for both of us!

bahar.physics

Post by bahar.physics » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 pm

wucun667 wrote:Hi bahar.physics, I also haven't received any reply from UMass Amherst. Neither rejected nor admitted... My UMass Spire account says "As of January 17, 2018, the status of your application is applied". Other than that, not even an email...eerily silent...The "2018 Admission result" post showed one student was rejected on March 2nd, so I guess we are probably on their waitlist. We might send them an email inquiring about our application status. Best of luck for both of us!
Thank you so much, I emailed madam Bryant for follow up, she has told me this
"Hi Bahar,
Our Physcis program is very competitive and we do get a lot of applications and it does take time to carefully review them all. I understand it is a difficult decision to make, but at this time I can only tell you that applications are still under review."
I think they will tell us in The first week of April.
Yeah, best of luck for both of us :wink:

bahar.physics

Post by bahar.physics » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:47 pm

REJECTED :| :(