Fall grade: how important it is and what if it's delayed

• This has become our largest and most active forum because the physics GRE is just one aspect of getting accepted into a graduate physics program.
  • There are applications, personal statements, letters of recommendation, visiting schools, anxiety of waiting for acceptances, deciding between schools, finding out where others are going, etc.

izzy_wlj

Fall grade: how important it is and what if it's delayed

Post by izzy_wlj » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to know if a delayed(I mean, possibly a few more weeks) fall grade report will do any harm. For me they were mainly non-physics courses but the score of one was recorded wrongly. I'm still working on it with the professor and it's still not updated...

Thanks,

JellyJam

Re: Fall grade: how important it is and what if it's delayed

Post by JellyJam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:31 am

As long as the fall semester didn't contain any core physics courses (which is sounds like it didn't), it is unlikely to significantly change your application. Generally the rule of thumb is that your fall grades can only help you, not hurt you.

In reality, the programs will care more about your overall GPA (which is unlikely to change significantly over one semester) and your PGRE/GRE scores.