Undergrad Institution: small but well known science and liberal arts college in India
GPA in Major: we did not have a GPA system, and writing absolute percentages here will not make a lot of sense.
Length of Degree: 3 years
Position in Class: Near top
Type of Student: International Indian Female
Second Undergrad \ MS Institution: top UK uni with a collegiate system
GPA in Major: First class honors (The British follow the class system)
Length of Degree: 2 years
Position in Class: no way to know, but top quarter?
GRE Scores : (revised version)
P: Sept 2018 - 920 (86%) -- not happy about this
.Oct 2018 - TBD
TOEFL: (R: , L: , S: , W: ) Not required.
- Research in Soft matter physics (2 months)
- Research in foundation of quantum physics (2 months)
- Research in CMT/many body physics (2 months + 2.5 months + master's thesis (an effectively 3 month thing at my uni in the UK))
- some academic awards at my undergrad college in India
- major scholarships at the UK uni
- UK college award for academic performance
Pertinent Activities or Jobs:
- presently a TA at this upcoming uni in India.
Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: -
a publication (which needs revision and re-communication though, is not in CMT or QMBD though, was on astro), have taken and done well (enough?) on graduate level courses.
Special Bonus Points: -
took two years out during my master's years, battled mental health issues, but came back with a bang. I am 25 and hoping to do a PhD -- don't know if that will be looked upon as favourably though.
Any Other Info That Shows Up On Your App and Might Matter: -
Applying to Where (All theory):
Still deciding between CMT and Soft matter/Biophysics -- so have not shortlisted yet. Will update.