about TOEFL scores (urgent)

www.com

about TOEFL scores (urgent)

Post by www.com » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 am

My test date is tomorrow, but I'm not sure to take it tomorrow,because I'm not prepared enough for writing and speaking section. I know that I can't reschedule the test date, I can only cancel scores now or after taking exam. If I cancel its in these ways, scores will NOT be reported to me or any institutions and they are not added to my permanent record. My question is , if I delete all institutions that I indicated as recipients, from the list and retake exam on October (if my scores are not satisfying ), do institutions have rights to access to my first scores? I just don't want them to see my bad scores

www.com

Re: about TOEFL scores (urgent)

Post by www.com » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:33 am

www.com wrote:My test date is tomorrow, but I'm not sure to take it tomorrow,because I'm not prepared enough for writing and speaking section. I know that I can't reschedule the test date, I can only cancel scores now or after taking exam. If I cancel its in these ways, scores will NOT be reported to me or any institutions and they are not added to my permanent record. My question is , if I delete all institutions that I indicated as recipients, from the list and retake exam on October (if my scores are not satisfying ), do institutions have rights to access to my first scores? I just don't want them to see my bad scores
It takes a few minutes to reply, please be confident when you are helping to someone.

mahar

Post by mahar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 am

I think that this is a bit different from the GRE. TOEFL scores are active for a period of 2 years.

pqortic

Post by pqortic » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:21 pm

I should add something here. TOEFL score reporting is totally different from GRE. it means that you can selectively report your scores to universities so they only receive scores from one test date.

grae313

Post by grae313 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:23 pm

I deleted my posts since I wasn't paying attention and thought he was asking about the generals. I don't know anything about TOEFL. Sorry for the confusion :)

www.com

Post by www.com » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:01 am

grae313 wrote:I deleted my posts since I wasn't paying attention and thought he was asking about the generals. I don't know anything about TOEFL. Sorry for the confusion :)
Thanks for the urgent response:)