Letter from a math or french professor?

Sats

Letter from a math or french professor?

Postby Sats » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 am

Hello all.

I've been having a lot of difficulty finding my LOR's. My main question is if it's alright to use a math professor. I was thinking of asking either a Math Modeling professor with whom I got an A, or my Abstract Algebra (might as well be called group theory) professor, though I've only had the latter for about half a semester. I also was thinking of asking a french professor whom I've had for almost 2 years now.

My LOR's are not going to be super steller aside from one physics research professor. Do you think it'd be wise to ask a math and/or a french professor? Or should I just find a physics professor and figure it out from there?

Catria

Re: Letter from a math or french professor?

Postby Catria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:05 am

I'd rather go with the math modeling professor if he knows you well enough to write you that letter.

Yourself

Postby Yourself » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm

A letter from a professor in French who cannot comment on your ability in physics is completely useless. The math professors could be useful, especially if your intended area involves math (theoretical/computational physics).

bfollinprm

Postby bfollinprm » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Defo go math.

Sats

Postby Sats » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Awesome, thanks for the help you guys.

My Modeling professor I worked with on our major project regarding bubble dynamics, so that should hopefully attest to my skill in dynamical systems or something.

Thanks all!

Return to “Letters of Recommendation”