Uncertified and incomplete research experience

nambiarbinoy

Uncertified and incomplete research experience

Post by nambiarbinoy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 am

Hi,

I have done research in non equilibrium thermodynamics but the research is incomplete as of now, and will take time to complete, and getting it published. Can I add this in my profile while applying for admissions into theoretical physics?

TakeruK

Re: Uncertified and incomplete research experience

Post by TakeruK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:41 pm

What you do mean by "uncertified"? Are you working with a professor or other trained scientist on this project? Is it part of some program (e.g. independent study, or a job, etc?). If so, you should list your work on this project under "Research Experience" in your CV -- say who you are working with, where you are working, since when, and what you are doing.

If you are still far from publication, then you should not include it as a publication in your CV.

nambiarbinoy

Post by nambiarbinoy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:34 pm

I was working with the Prof but it is not any sort of official program, I was just following my idea, and they supported me. They can give a good recommendation, and include that they have had a good experience with me, working on this project; but I wanted to make clear if this will be helpful or not.

TakeruK

Post by TakeruK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Yes, I think this would be helpful. It doesn't have to be part of an official program. It's much better if they will be writing you a good letter.