astronomical studies

kmraj1992
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:17 am

astronomical studies

Postby kmraj1992 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 am

hi all,i want to join in caltech astronomy for my masters.so,what initial research should i do to convince the university for admission?
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee answer the question.being an astronomer is my life ambition..................

blackcat007
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:14 am

Re: astronomical studies

Postby blackcat007 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:59 am

kmraj1992 wrote:hi all,i want to join in caltech astronomy for my masters.so,what initial research should i do to convince the university for admission?
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee answer the question.being an astronomer is my life ambition..................

you should be able to convince the university that you can see Jupiter's moons with your naked eyes!

User avatar
satyad18
Posts: 229
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:17 am

Re: astronomical studies

Postby satyad18 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:53 pm

blackcat007 wrote:
kmraj1992 wrote:hi all,i want to join in caltech astronomy for my masters.so,what initial research should i do to convince the university for admission?
pleaseeeeeeeeeeee answer the question.being an astronomer is my life ambition..................

you should be able to convince the university that you can see Jupiter's moons with your naked eyes!

:mrgreen:

User avatar
quizivex
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:13 am

Re: astronomical studies

Postby quizivex » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:39 am

OMFG LMFAO LOLZZZ!!! Wow. Seeing someone post a thread like this instantly makes me feel better about myself and less discouraged by my shortcomings... Anyone else fell the same way?

Also, some words of encouragement to future applicants... don't be too intimidated by the acceptance rates at Caltech et al... much of your competition will consist of people like kmraj1992.

blackcat007
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:14 am

Re: astronomical studies

Postby blackcat007 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm

quizivex wrote:OMFG LMFAO LOLZZZ!!! Wow. Seeing someone post a thread like this instantly makes me feel better about myself and less discouraged by my shortcomings... Anyone else fell the same way?



:lol: :P :mrgreen:

rolandgill
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 am

Re: astronomical studies

Postby rolandgill » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 am

One thing us as humans have never been able to fully understand is astronomy. Always having an unexplained mystery, astronomy also has served as a way to keep time and predict the future. The word “astronomy” is defined as the study of heavenly bodies, meaning anything in the sky such as stars, galaxies, comets, planets, nebulae, and so on. You can easily writing some new thought and ideas about stars or galaxies. This is the better way to proof you have well interest in astronomical study.

User avatar
HappyQuark
Posts: 762
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:08 am

Re: astronomical studies

Postby HappyQuark » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:21 pm

rolandgill wrote:One thing us as humans have never been able to fully understand is astronomy. Always having an unexplained mystery, astronomy also has served as a way to keep time and predict the future. The word “astronomy” is defined as the study of heavenly bodies, meaning anything in the sky such as stars, galaxies, comets, planets, nebulae, and so on. You can easily writing some new thought and ideas about stars or galaxies. This is the better way to proof you have well interest in astronomical study.


Ignoring the rest of your mangled post, in what world do you live that it is easy to come up with new theories in astronomy without even a Masters degree?




Return to “Research”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest